The purpose of this study is to investigate the adherence to the trial protocol in a multi-centre multinational setting as a pilot project for a large randomized controlled trial (feasibility trial).
Primary outcome: cardiovascular, AKI bundle fulfilled at all time.
PrevAKI II is a combination of an observational trial with a multicenter, prospective, randomized controlled, parallel-group, clinical trial.
- Adult patients undergoing cardiac surgery with CPB
- Urinary [TIMP-2]*[IGFBP7] ≥ 0.3 4h after CPB
- Age between 18-90 years
- Written informed consent
- Preexisting AKI (stage 1 and higher)
- Patients with cardiac assist devices (ECMO, LVAD, RVAD, IABP)
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding
- Known (Glomerulo-) Nephritis, interstitial nephritis or vasculitis
- CKD with eGFR < 20 ml/min
- Dialysis dependent CKD
- Prior kidney transplant within the last 12 months
- Participation in another intervention trial in the past 3 months
- Persons with any kind of dependency on the investigator or employed by the institution responsible or investigator
- Persons held in an institution by legal or official order
For further information, please contact email@example.com