The continuously increasing elderly population (≥80 years) in Europe suggests a dramatic growth in the number of elderly patients undergoing a variety of surgical and non-surgical interventional procedures. Little is known about the peri-interventional mortality rates and outcome in this specific elderly population.
The POSE Group Business meeting will take place at Euroanaesthesia on Monday June 4th 08h30-10h00 at Meeting Room 18-19
Primary: To determine the peri-interventional (surgical and non-surgical interventional) all-cause mortality rate on day 30.
European multi-centre, prospective observational cohort study with the aim to Include 7500 patients in total.
Recruitment period: 30 days (self-selected by each centre)
Follow-up period per patient: 30 days after intervention
- Age ≥ 80 years
- Written informed consent prior to study participation
- All consecutive patients undergoing surgical and non-surgical interventions (e.g. radiological, neuroradiological, cardiological, gastroenterological) with anaesthesia care (performed by an anaesthetist) within the selected inclusion period of 30 days
- Elective and emergency procedures
- In-patient and out-patient procedures
- People who are institutionalized by court or administrative order
- Patients with re-intervention within the 30 days recruitment period, who were already enrolled in this study