Call for ESAIC Mentorship Programme 2023-2025 is now closed.
About the Research Mentorship Programme
The ESAIC runs a Mentorship Programme to promote the professional development of young researcher and established investigators. The one-to-one mentoring model enables the development of a personal relationship and provides individual support for the mentee.
We are very pleased to introduce Prof. Romero as the new Mentorship Programme Leader who has been working closely with Prof. Buhre over the last few months and who will be a fantastic asset to the Programme!
“We look forward to supporting the Mentorship Programme this year and providing Virtual Classrooms and individual calls amongst other initiatives.”
ESAIC Research Mentorship Programme aims are:
- To preserve and transfer accumulated professional knowledge within the anaesthesia and intensive care community
- To support individual academic anaesthetists in achieving their potential as researchers.
- To contribute to the ESAIC mission to connect anaesthesiologists in the field of research in Anaesthesia, Intensive Care, Perioperative Medicine, Emergency Medicine and Pain with senior experts (mentors) as a platform for professional exchange and mutual learning.
Experienced Investigators covering a wide range of anaesthesiology and intensive care topics have been selected to be mentors and will be matched with mentees by their field of interest. Mentors and mentees will be encouraged to meet regularly and agree on an aim for the mentorship as well as the logistics (how often, where and when to meet). The mentorship will last 2 years and the mentor and mentee will be asked to provide feedback to the ESAIC.
The following requirements apply to both Mentors and Mentees. The Mentorship Programme Leader has the final decision regarding eligibility:
- Mentees must be current trainee or active members of the ESAIC. and working in a European Institution at the moment of application
- Mentors must be working in a European institution at the moment of application.
- The country of Institution should be a European country as defined by the World Health Organisation.
- Mentees only take part in one mentorship programme at a time.
- Mentors may be allowed to mentor a maximum of two mentees within this programme.
- The duration of mentorship is two years
- The signing of the Mentorship Agreement (EDU_09_F5 Mentorship Agreement) after the first meeting.
- If possible, available to attend the Mentorship Programme Kick-Off meeting at ESAIC Euroanaesthesia
- The Mentee must also provide a letter from their Head of Department to declare if he/she has the support from his/her “home department” to take part in the Programme.