About the Research Mentorship Programme
The ESAIC Research Committee (RC) has decided to develop a mentorship programme to promote the professional development of young researcher and established investigators. The one-to-one mentoring model enables the development of a personal relationship and provides individual support for the mentee.
ESAIC Research Mentorship Programme aims are:
- To preserve and transfer accumulated professional knowledge within the anaesthesia community
- To support individual academic anaesthetists in achieving their potential as researchers.
- To contribute to the ESAIC mission to connect anaesthesiologists in the field of research in Anaesthesia, Perioperative Medicine, Intensive Care, Emergency Medicine and Pain with senior experts (mentors) as a platform for professional exchange and mutual learning.
The following requirements apply for both Mentors and Mentees. The Mentorship Programme Leader has the final decision regarding eligibility:
- Mentors must be an affiliate, active or retired ESAIC member.
- Mentees must be a current trainee/medical students or active members of the ESAIC and working in a European Institution at the moment of application.
- Country of Institution should be a European country as defined by the World Health Organisation.
- Mentees only take part in one mentorship programme at a time.
- Mentors may be allowed to mentor a maximum of the two mentees within this programme.
- Duration of mentorship is two years
- The signing of the Mentorship Agreement (EDU_09_F5 Mentorship Agreement) after the first meeting.
- As many universities/healthcare systems will have already a mentorship programme in place: it is important to ensure that two programmes do not “conflict”. One example would be if an ESAIC member is acting as a mentor on the ESAIC programme but has declined to participate in his employer’s or national programme. The Mentorship Programme Leader will be in charge of avoiding this kind of problems.
- Available to attend the Mentorship Programme Kick-Off meeting at ESAIC Euroanaesthesia
- The Mentee must also provide a letter from their Head of Department to declare if he/she has the support from his/her “home department” to take part in the Programme.
If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org