The ESAIC is the leading European organization to promote the professional role of the anaesthesiologist, maintain the highest standards of practice, and foster an exchange of information between our global community.
Grow your network, expand your horizons, advance your career, innovate anaesthesiology, together.
Join for free
Are you a member of a National or Specialist society? You could also be an ESAIC Associate member at no additional cost to you! Enjoy access to a wide range of resources on anaesthesiology, intensive care, pain and perioperative medicine.Find out more
Join ESAIC now
- Receive monthly the European Journal of Anaesthesiology
- Obtain exclusive discounted rates to Euroanaesthesia
- Connect with over 30 000 anaesthesiologists worldwide
- Attend Masterclasses, workshops and e-learning
- Apply for exclusive ESAIC Research Grants, prizes and funding
- Access ESAIC e-Learning modules, webinars, congress recordings
- Receive one-to-one mentoring under the Mentoring Programme
- Be a part of the Trainee Exchange Programme
- Join ESAIC Committees, influence ESAIC policies and participate in leadership roles
- Earn more CME credits through member-only ESAIC activities
- Participate in professional enrichment educational programmes
- Stay up to date on ESAIC clinical guidelines
European Diploma in Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care (EDAIC)
As a diploma recognised by the EUMS and by several European and non-European countries, the European Diploma in Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care examination (EDAIC) sets the European standards. It is a multilingual, end-of-training, two-part examination covering the relevant basic sciences and clinical subjects appropriate for a specialist anaesthesiologist
Every year up to 3,000 candidates register for the EDAIC Part I written exam.
The EDAIC Part II oral examination is the second and last examination needed to receive your European Diploma in Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care.
Take the EDAIC and take your career to the next level!
Share your valuable professional experience as a mentor, or learn from experienced professionals as a mentee. The ESAIC mentorship programme promotes the professional development of researchers through one-to-one mentoring.