Apply for Membership
What's in it for you?
- Access to the EJA
Access ESAIC e-Learning modules, webinars, congress recordings
- Full Access to Euroanaesthesia Virtual on-demand sessions, e-posters and industry symposia recordings
Discounted rates for Euroanaesthesia, the Focus Meeting, the Basic and Clinical Sciences Anaesthetic Course and the Viva Course
Connect with over 30.000 anaesthesiologists worldwide
Earn more CME credits through member-only ESAIC activities
Influence ESAIC policies and participate in leadership roles
Apply for ESAIC Grants and Fellowships
Stay up to date on ESAIC clinical guidelines
Participate in the Mentorship programme
ESAIC at a glance
The Society is committed to supporting anaesthesiology and intensive care professionals by acting as a central resource for valuable educational, scientific, research, and networking opportunities.
- Around 270 medical specialist volunteers serve on committees and subcommittees, focusing on various areas to bolster both the community and the profession.
- 43 National Societies united within the NASC.
- Over 150,000-network of anaesthesiologists and intensivists are represented across Europe and beyond.
- 5,000+ ESAIC Members.
- 20,000+ Individual Society Members.
- Each year, 8,000+ professionals access our educational resources through webinars, e-learning modules, masterclasses, Facebook Lives, Theme of the Month, and KOL debates.
- Our Euroanaesthesia Congress draws over 6,000 delegates globally, propelling scientific advancement and innovation in the field.
- The Focus Track is an educational initiative featuring a series of educational segments aimed at broadening knowledge and understanding of specific topics in each session.
- 500+ CTN centres, Research, grants and A-CRO.
- Each year, 5,500 professionals are assessed at over 88 examination-certified centres.
- 50 Corporate Partners, including 16 platinum, gold, and silver partners, collaborate closely with us on educational and scientific projects.
- Our HQ office houses 36 employees from 10 different nationalities, bringing diverse expertise and backgrounds.
- 5 EU Horizon Projects are focused on clinical research and enhancing patient safety outcomes.
- We have a robust presence in the EU, contributing scientific and clinical expertise to EU directives and policies.
- Globally, we maintain a strong presence, collaborating with 6 international societies.
- We publish 2 Scientific Journals (EJA peer-reviewed, EJAIC open access).
- Over 100,000 Podcast downloads.
- Effective outreach through various channels like digital platforms, websites, newsletters etc.
- Our guidelines are continually evolving to harmonize clinical management across Europe and elevate care standards.
Being a part of ESAIC offers a unique platform to network with peers, connect with the global anaesthesiology community, and access a plethora of resources on anaesthesiology, intensive care, pain, and perioperative medicine. No matter your speciality, workplace, or residence, there’s always an opportunity for more science, more networking, and more knowledge.
As an ESAIC member, you gain access to numerous resources, educational tools, research support, and networking opportunities to further your knowledge and enhance your practice.
Expand your network, broaden your horizons, advance your career, and innovate in anaesthesiology together. Join ESAIC and achieve more.
Review membership details
Benefits Full Members Associate Members Non-members Active Members EU Trainee Members Individual Society Members Affiliate Members Allied Members
(medical student, NPRHP, retired)
Education Live webinars ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ eLearning modules, webinar replays & congress webcasts ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Congress webcasts supported by Industry ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Participate in Mentorship Programme ✔ ✔ Participate in Teach the Teacher Course ✔ ✔ ✔
Only for NASC
✔ ✔ Participation in all Masterclasses with CME accreditation ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Participate in Trainee Exchange Programme ✔ Participate in the Basic and Clinical Sciences Anaesthetic Course (BCSAC) and the Viva Course (VIVAC) ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Reduced fee for the Basic and Clinical Sciences Anaesthetic Course (BCSAC) and the Viva Course (VIVAC) ✔ ✔ ✔ Participation as ESAIC visitor in Accreditation of Training in Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care (ATAIC) ✔ Apply for the Young Teaching Recognition Award (YTRA) ✔ ✔ Participate as EDAIC examiner or host ✔ ✔ Research Participate in CTN studies as local investigator ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Become a CTN Chief investigator ✔ Apply for CTN Grants ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Apply for ESAIC Research Grants ✔ ✔ ✔ Propose guidelines development ✔ Apply for Trainee Young investigator startup grants ✔ Scientific Submit scientiﬁc session proposals for Euroanaesthesia ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Journals EJA electronically ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Current Opinion in Critical Care electronically ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Current Opinion in Anaesthesiology electronically ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ EJA Archive ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ESAIC Congress Euroanaesthesia and Focus Meeting Discount Congress registration fees ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Discounted fees for pre-congress courses at Euroanaesthesia ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Discounted fees for workshops courses at Euroanaesthesia ✔ Apply for related Industry fellowship ✔ ✔ Inﬂuence ESAIC policies and participate in leadership roles Attend General Assembly ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Voting rights General Assembly ✔ ✔
Voting rights Council Member elections ✔ Voting rights Council Trainee Member elections ✔ Leadership & participation possibilities in ESAIC Committees, Task forces, NASC, Council, Board ✔ ✔ Become a member of ESAIC Trainee Network / Trainees Committee ✔ Other Benefits Access ESAIC Members directory ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Access to Guidelines ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔
With an ESAIC Membership, you will have access to all our benefits in the field of Education, Leadership, ESAIC Events and much more.
Different rates apply to different types of membership – please check which category you fall under before submitting your membership application.
You can learn about the different membership types below.
Active Member - A physician who has completed an accredited anaesthesia training programme, who is certified in anaesthesiology, who is licensed to practice medicine, and who resides in a European country (as defined by the World Health Organisation).
- The reduced fee for Active Member is only applicable for a physician who has completed an accredited anaesthesia training programme, who is certified in Anaesthesiology, who is licensed to practise medicine, and who resides in a reduced fee country.
Affiliate Member - A certified physician not working in the clinical practice of anaesthesiology.
- A scientist who, while not engaged in administering clinical anaesthesia, is nevertheless interested in anaesthesiology.
- A certified anaesthesiologist, or a certified physician, or a scientist, who resides outside a European country (as defined by the World Health Organisation).
Trainee Member - A physician in training, employed in an anaesthesiology department and whose training programme is accredited by a national governmental body or by the National Board of Anaesthesiology. Trainee membership is limited to a maximum of six years.
- Applicants for trainee membership must attach a letter endorsed by the Director of the training programme stating the programme termination date, otherwise, the rate for affiliate member will be applied – download the Trainee Letter Template
Allied Member Medical students, Non-Physician Registered Health Professionals (NPRHP) and Retired Doctors are regrouped under the category “ Allied Member “.
- Medical Student: Any Medical Student not yet registered as a physician with the licensing authorities in the country they are in training.
- Non Physician Registered Health Professional (NPRHP): Any registered non-physician health professional accredited by a European national government body working in anaesthesiology-related areas. This can include nurses, bio technicians, therapists, laboratory technicians and audiologists.
- Retired Doctor: An individual who would have qualified as an Active and/or Affiliate Member, but who has retired from employment or self-employment for reasons of age, ill-health or disability.
Individual Society Member Are you a member of a National or Specialist Society?
You can become an ESAIC Individual Society member through your National or Specialist Society free of charge.
All declared individual members of an ESAIC National or Specialist Society member can become an ESAIC Individual Society member at no additional cost other than their Society Membership Fee.
If you would like to become an ESAIC Individual Society member, you must check with your Society on how you can take advantage of this benefit.
ESAIC Individual Society membership runs from 1 January – 31 December for a two-year period.
ESAIC Individual Membership Categories 1 Year (excl.VAT) 2 Year (excl. VAT) Active Member € 150 € 270 Active Member from a Reduced Fee Country* € 90 € 162 Affiliate Member € 150 € 270 Trainee Member € 70 € 126 Allied members (medical student, NPRHP, retired) € 70 € 126
*Reduced Fee Country list – as defined by the WHO
Note: Membership always begins on 01 January and ends on 31 December, irrespective of when the membership is purchased during the year.
The electronic version of the EJA is included with Full Membership and Associate Membership.
The print version of the EJA is not included in the membership and must be opted-in through your myESAIC account.
The print version costs €75 for one year (or €150 for two years).
Reduced Country Fee List
Countries Entitled to Reduced ESAIC Membership Fees as defined by the World Bank and the WHO Albania Montenegro Armenia North Macedonia Azerbaijan Republic of Moldova Belarus Russian Federation Bosnia and Herzegovina Serbia Bulgaria Tajikistan Georgia Türkiye Kazakhstan Turkmenistan Kosovo Ukraine Kyrgyzstan Uzbekistan