About the Guidelines
The Guidelines Committee has established several task forces to elaborate guidelines on the related subject. The guideline topics were approved by the Guidelines Committee and the ESAIC Board after a consultation process within the subcommittees of the ESAIC Scientific Committee.
The task forces are made up of anaesthesiologists nominated by the subcommittee chairs to include expertise from the necessary scientific fields. These individuals are complemented by others with particular interest and enthusiasm both as task force members and part of a wider advisory group.
After literature searches and appraisal of papers, the task force experts will be able to produce scientifically robust recommendations for clinical practice.
Benefits of ESAIC Guidelines Committee activities
To make available a European guideline to be used by individual ESAIC members and adopted, with any desired modifications, by national societies of anaesthesiology for their own national use, if they so wish.
Harmonisation of clinical management of anaesthesiology, perioperative medicine and related clinical areas throughout Europe.
Improvement of standards of care throughout Europe.
The ESAIC is seeking to recruit a new member for the Guidelines Committee.
The term of office will start on 1 January 2022.
Deadline for applications is 30th September 2021
The Guidelines Committee fulfills the following functions:
- Defines the requirements and the course of action for an ESAIC guideline
- Oversees the process of the identification and prioritisation of topics and preparation, dissemination, evaluation and finally, update of ESAIC guidelines
- Is responsible for the selection of ESAIC Guidelines Taskforces
- Establishes and maintains relationships with other academic societies and scientific groups deemed necessary in the preparation of collaborative guidelines
- Defines how to implement guidelines and inform ESAIC members
- Carries out other functions related to the promotion and harmonisation of clinical practice as decided by the ESAIC Board.
Requirements for Application
The Guidelines Committee member will meet the following criteria:
- Being a qualified anaesthesiologist
- Must have been an ESAIC active member for at least one year
- Previous guideline activity
- Scientific understanding of research evidence
- Previous administrative tasks related to production and implementation of guidelines
- Links with national/European anaesthesiology societies
- Fluency in English
Term of office
The tenure is for three years, renewable twice for one year (maximum of 5 years).
How to apply
If you wish to apply, please send your CV and completed Member_GC_Application form to the ESAIC Headquarters at guidelines@ESAIC.org no later than 30th September 2021.
Travel expenses to attend meetings are provided according to the standard ESAIC reimbursement policy.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this position, please contact Prof. Peter Kranke, Kranke_P@ukw.de