Webinar on How Covid-19 Pandemic changed Anaesthesiology Clinical Practice – Lessons Learned
18.00 – 19.00 CET
This webinar is OPEN ACCESS.
Host and Scientific Faculty Leader
Prof. Dr Daniela Ionescu
Professor in Anesthesia and Intensive Care and Chair of the ESAIC- Scientific Subcommittee 1 (SSC1)- General anaesthesia
Head of Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care I, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Prof. Dr Carolyn Weiniger
Chair of the ESAIC- Scientific Subcommittee 4 (SSC4)- Obstetric Anaesthesiology
Department of Anaesthesiology, Pain and Intensive Care Medicine, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
Prof. Dr Chiara Robba
Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Policlinico San Martino, IRCCS for Oncology and Neuroscience, Genova, Italy
Prof. Dr Paolo Pelosi
Professor in Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine
Department of Surgical Sciences and Integrated Diagnostics, Policlinico San Martino Hospital
University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Dr Andrea Kollmann
ESAIC eLearning Chair
Coordinator for Obstetric Anaesthesia, Akademiska Sjukhuset, Uppsala, Sweden
General Anaesthesiologists, Intensive Care Medicine doctors and Anaesthesiology trainees taking care of COVID patients during the pandemic.
This webinar will be open to anyone who wishes to view it, from whichever country they can access it.
Methods to promote adult active learning
This webinar will include:
- Polls: to increase interactivity and engagement. Results from polls will lead to discussions points during each lecture.
- Q&A session at the end of the webinar: to answer questions brought up by the host and submitted by the audience (in real-time). Questions will be filtered by scientific support to prioritise relevance.
- Discuss some of the most important aspects of anaesthesia and intensive care in Covid patients
- Debate on what change our practice after Covid.
- Review the most important aspects of noninvasive/invasive ventilation in COVID patients
- Review the most important aspects of care in COVID obstetric patients in the delivery room
After Taking Part
This webinar will enable the participants to:
- outline the most important specific aspects of anaesthesia during the pandemic
- describe the most important aspects of ventilation in Covid patients
- describe the main aspects of care of an obstetric patient with Corona in the delivery room
- discuss aspects of wellness of health care professionals during the pandemic
- elaborate on administrative and organizational issues in the perioperative medicine during the COVID-19 pandemic
- anaesthesia during pandemic
- organisation of perioperative medicine during the pandemic
- non-invasive and invasive ventilation in Covid patients
- obstetric patient with Covid in the delivery room
- Anaesthesia before and after the Corona pandemic; we are not the same – Paolo Pelosi
- The obstetric patient with Corona and respiratory symptoms coming to the delivery room – Carolyn Weiniger
- Ventilation concepts; timing might be crucial- noninvasive versus invasive – Chiara Robba
Knowledge to be acquired after attending this Webinar
The participant will be able to:
- discuss clinical anaesthesia-related recommendations on treating COVID-19 and suspected COVID-19 patients
- understand the importance of invasive and non-invasive ventilation for optimizing outcomes in patients with Covid-19
- explore the role of imaging and in particular lung Computed Tomography for the individualization of treatment in this group of patients
- analyze the indications and timing for non-invasive ventilation and the type of device to use
- understand the optimal timing for initiation of invasive mechanical ventilation to improve patients’ outcome
- discuss the principal ventilator settings and respiratory targets to be set in this population
- understand the pathophysiology of COVID-19 and the effect on pregnancy and review our knowledge growth over the duration of the pandemic
- discuss perinatal (maternal and neonatal) outcomes of COVID-19 pregnancies
- implement best practices for obstetric anaesthesia management of pregnant women with Sars-CoV-2 infection within the multidisciplinary team
Practical skills to be acquired after attending this Webinar
This webinar will enable participants to:
- review main aspects of personal safety and protective equipment
- elaborate administrative and organizational issues in the perioperative medicine during the COVID-19 pandemic
- set up principal ventilator settings and respiratory targets in this population
- know optimal timing for initiation of invasive mechanical ventilation to improve patients’ outcome
Affective skills acquired after attending this Webinar
The participant is aware of:
- changes of anaesthetic practice during the pandemic
- wellness of the health care professionals during and after the pandemic
- best decision and optimal time when to initiate mechanical ventilation in Covid patients
This webinar is available on PC, Tablet and Smartphone.
For the best viewing experience, a high-speed internet connection is required.
This Webinar is supported by MSD.