What is it?
The Patient Safety and Quality Masterclass is an advanced scientific workshop dedicated to learning principles and practice of patient safety, clinical risk management and quality of care.
The course is open to ESAIC members and non-members who speak and write English fluently. This course is aimed at anaesthesiologists, nurse anaesthetists, other perioperative clinicians/staff and hospital administrators that have some experience in patient safety and are clearly motivated in their choice of being patient safety and quality champions in their departments. The focus is on perioperative patient safety.
Learn by doing
The programme contains a series of lectures, simulations and interactive workshops during which participants will apply their knowledge through practical exercises.
Educational targets focus on the following goals:
- Provide a theoretical update on different aspects of the current state of the art in the different fields of patient safety and quality in anaesthesiology
- Provide the possibility to train skills and learn new techniques with regard to the different required practical skills for the anaesthesiologists in the management of clinical risk, hazards and quality of care.
(workshops, role-playing and full-scale high-fidelity simulations)
- Provide a forum of scientific exchange with peers and the possibility to discuss therapeutic options with key opinion leaders.
The faculty are international experts in patient safety, medical simulation and risk management (preliminary, pending confirmation):
- Daniel Arnal (Alcoron, Spain) – Chair of the ESAIC Patient Safety and Quality Committee
- Johannes Wacker (Zürich, Switzerland)
- Peter Dieckmann (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Michael St.Pierre (Erlangen, Germany)
- Jamie Thomas King (Toronto, Canada) – Patient Advocate
- Christopher Neuhaus (Heidelberg, Germany) – EPSQ Masterclass Director
The organisers will apply for the CME accreditation for the PSQ Masterclass at the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME). The previous editions of the Masterclass were accredited with 16 CME credits.
How much does it cost to register?
ESAIC Member/Affiliate Non-Member Full Price (physician, administrative staff) € 500 € 600 Reduced Fee Country € 300 € 400 Trainee € 300 € 600 Trainee Reduced Fee Country € 200 € 400 Allied (retired, nurse, nurse anaesthetist) € 300 € 400 Allied Reduced Fee Country € 200 € 400
How to register?
The registration will open in due course. If you are interested and would like us to let you know as soon as it’s opened, please contact email@example.com.
What about accommodation and travel?
Prof. Olav Hanssensvei 7A
Hotel information near the venue and guidance on how to travel there will be sent by email upon registration.