The Basic and Clinical Sciences Anaesthetic Course (BCSAC) is intended as one of the tools suitable for preparing the European Diploma in Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care by improving the candidate’s understanding and knowledge of different areas of basic and clinical sciences.
The next BCSAC will be held online on 7 – 9 and 14 – 16 June 2024. It will be a fully virtual course, and lectures will remain available online after the live event.
Registration for BCSAC 2024 will open later on.
Participants must attend all online sessions (live or on-demand) to obtain the Certificate of Attendance with the full CME Credits. Each participant must provide a valid and personal e-mail address.
The Basic and Clinical Sciences Anaesthetic Course 2023, Online, 16 – 25 June 2023, is in the process of accreditation by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®). A total of 25 CME credits is expected, pending final confirmation from EACCME.
Why should you attend the BCSAC?
Dr Andrea Kollmann, BCSAC Programme Coordinator, explains why you should attend the BCSAC.
Why attend BCSAC?
- Excellent preparation for the EDAIC examinations
- Expected accreditation of 25 CME credits!
- Held before EDAIC Part I (which is usually scheduled in September)
- Interaction with speakers (Q&A session for each presentation)
- On-Line Assessment at the beginning and end of the course
- Smart format: attend from anywhere and listen in optimal conditions. No additional costs for flights or accommodation!
- Flexibility: all lectures will remain available on the ESAIC Academy after the live event; CME credits will be given for watching lectures either live or on demand!
- Comfortable features: slide navigation, thumbnails, search features, sound optimisation, adaptive streaming and enhancement for mobile display will be yours to enjoy.
Programme & CME
The Basic and Clinical Sciences Anaesthetic Course 2023, Online, 16 – 25 June 2023 is in the process of accreditation by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®). Last year BCSAC was accredited with 25 CME credits.
More details will be communicated going further.
Through an agreement between the Union Européenne des Médecins Spécialistes and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME® credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Information on the process to convert EACCME® credit to AMA credit can be found at www.ama-assn.org/education/earn-credit-participation-international-activities.
Live educational activities occurring outside of Canada, recognised by the UEMS-EACCME® for ECMEC®s are deemed to be Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
BCSAC Registration Fees 2023
ESAIC Affiliate / Active Member*:
- € 500
ESAIC Trainee Member / Allied Member / Active Member from reduced fee country*:
- € 330
Non-Member (or Associate Member/ Individual Society Member):
- € 750
*ESAIC Membership must be valid for 2023 Go to membership
Who can attend BCSAC?
ESAIC Members and non-Members can participate in the BCSAC.
If you wish to benefit from the reduced ESAIC Member registration rates, please visit our Membership section and become an ESAIC Member first.
- How to register for BCSAC 2023?
When will BCSAC 2023 take place?
The next BCSAC will be held online on 16 – 18 and 23 – 25 June 2023. It will be a fully virtual course, and lectures will remain available online after the live event.
Please send your question to : firstname.lastname@example.org