The ESAIC is seeking to recruit four enthusiastic and motivated new members to the Trainees Committee.
The position for a three-year mandate becomes vacant on 1 January 2022.
The mission of the ESAIC Trainees Committee is to establish the ESAIC Trainee Network (ESAICTN), an active network between 22000 European Anaesthesiology Trainees, to further adapt ESAIC resources to the trainees’ needs. The ESAIC Trainees Committee coordinates and conducts the ESAICTN activities and projects.
The Committee is currently composed of six trainees (excluding the Chairperson) supported by one secretariat member and is organised into four Task Forces: Education, European and International Trainee Sections, Social Networks and Euroanaesthesia Trainees’ Programme. Each Task Force is coordinated by at least one Committee member and includes a maximum of four members recruited from the ESAICTN. The Trainees Committee Member post requires close liaison with the Trainees Committee Chairperson and the Education Department of the ESAIC Secretariat in Brussels throughout the year.
The aims of the ESAIC Trainees Committee are to:
- Encourage closer involvement from European anaesthesiology trainees in the ESAIC and vice-versa
- Create and organise a trainee network throughout Europe to activate and involve the European trainees
- Use the active social media of the ESAIC to facilitate the networking, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter, etc.
- Identify the expectations of the European trainees
- Communicate the trainees’ needs to the ESAIC Leadership and the European Board of Anaesthesiology (EBA), our section within the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS)
- Initiate the implementation of changes necessary to answer trainees’ expectations
- Increase trainees’ awareness of European standards and professional requirements
- Inform about the European training curriculum and common training frameworks
- Communicate with other Trainee committees or sections throughout the world, like European Junior Doctors (EJD), American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA), World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists (WFSA), Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland (AAGBI), European Society of Intensive Care Medicine (ESICM), etc.
- Support the Congress, Scientific or other Committees with proposals for and participation to the Congress and other educational or scientific activities.
Trainees Committee Members will be required to attend 1 committee meeting at the annual Euroanaesthesia Congress and monthly Zoom (teleconference) meetings throughout the year. Travel expenses to attend meetings of the Committee are provided according to standard ESAIC policy.
The following positions will become vacant at the beginning of 2022:
- Social Network Task Force (2 positions)
- Education Task Force (1 position)
- Euroanaesthesia Trainee Programme Task Force (1 position)
The main roles of the new Members will be to:
- Become fully updated about all Committee activities in order to coordinate actions of all members and define strategies for the respective Task Forces:
- Social Network Task Force: Creative thinking, data analysis and coordination and a portion of fun using social media. Social Networks marketing is a plus. You get to decide which message trainees want to receive
- Education Task Force: Close work with the education and training committee to support trainees in Europe and beyond with their educational needs. Experience in medical education is welcomed.
- Euroanaesthesia Task Force: Coordinate and review the Trainees Committee activities during Euroanaesthesia; organize the program held by our committee and social events during the congress.
- Review and contribute to the activities of other Trainees Committee Members.
- Attend the yearly Euroanaesthesia (costs supported by ESAIC) and coordinate and manage the Euroanaesthesia Trainees Programme and the Euroanaesthesia Trainees Programme Team, together with the respective Task Force coordinator. Euroanaesthesia is also the time and place for the annual presential meetings of the Trainees Committee and of the National Trainee Representatives.
- Represent the Trainees Committee externally, as Trainee Representatives in various other ESAIC (Sub)Committees (11 at present); attend meetings and report back to the Committee.
Applications are encouraged from ESAIC Trainee Members who meet the following criteria:
- Only European Trainee members can apply for Member positions within the Trainees Committee and the new Trainees Committee Member must be a European Trainee Member on the date of their application.
- Applicants to the Trainees Committee Member position are only eligible if their traineeship does not come to an end before their 3 year term as Trainee/Resident ends.
- ESAIC Trainee Membership
- Member of the ESAIC Trainee Network Social Networks (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter);
- Previous participation in activities organized by the ESAICTN (Euroanaesthesia Trainees Programme Team, Task Force Members…);
- Previous participation in activities directed to Students and/or Trainees;
- Current leading position in other networks/organisations;
- Different Nationality from the other members of the ESAIC Trainees Committee;
- CV and Cover Letter (2 pages maximum for each document)
Term of office
The mandate is for three years starting January 1st 2022.
Travel, accommodation and other necessary expenses incurred to attend meetings or examinations are covered by the ESAIC as per the ESAIC Expense Reimbursement Policy.
How to Apply
If you are interested and wish to apply, please send into 1 file your CV (2 pages) and application form (detailing the adherence to the requirements set above and indicating which Task Force you would like to join) and disclose any conflict of interest you may have to the Trainees Committee: email@example.com no later than 30 June 2021 (23:59 CET) with the following subject ‘ESAIC Trainees Committee Member – Vacancy 2022‘.
An appointment will be made by the ESAIC Board following a recommendation by the Nominations Committee and Trainees Committee.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this post, please contact the ESAIC Trainees Committee firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit the ESAIC website for the Trainees Committee activities here and for more information on the Committee itself here.