The ESAIC is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated new Chairperson to the Trainee Committee.
The mission of the ESAIC Trainees Committee is to boost the ESAIC Trainee Network (ESAICTN), an active network of 22.000 European Trainee Anesthesiologists and Intensivists, to further adapt ESAIC resources to the trainees’ needs. The ESAIC Trainees Committee coordinates and conducts the ESAICTN activities and projects.
The Committee is currently composed of six trainees (excluding the Chairperson) with Trainee Representatives in other ESAIC Committees and Task Forces.
The Trainees Committee Chairperson post requires close liaison with the Education and Training Committee of ESAIC. The Trainee Committee, in fact, is a sub-committee of the Education and Training Committee, and its Chair sits as an ex-officio member of the Education and Training Committee.
The main roles of the Chair will be to:
- Become fully updated about all Committee activities in order to coordinate the actions of all members and define strategies for the respective Task Forces/Committees;
- Organize and attend one online meeting every month: The Trainees Committee monthly meeting;
- Be fully available to support the Committee members (through email, WhatsApp or other necessary channels);
- Review and approve external communications of the Trainees Committee (examples include: “Updates of the Trainees Committee activities” for all European National Trainee Representatives, “Committee Activities reports” for the ESAIC Board of Directors and ESAIC Council, all papers for the ESAIC Newsletter and any other contributions to scientific journals);
- Every year attend Euroanaesthesia (supported by ESAIC) and coordinate and manage the Euroanaesthesia Trainees Programme and the Euroanaesthesia Trainees Programme Team, together with the respective Task Force coordinators. During this event, the Chair will be required to attend meetings and sessions included in the Euroanaesthesia Trainees Programme. Euroanaesthesia is also the time and place for the annual presential meetings of the Trainees Committee and of the National Trainee Representatives;
- Represent the Trainees Committee externally as Trainee Representative in the ESAIC National Anaesthesiologists Societies Committee and in the European Board of Anaesthesiology-UEMS;
- Report to the Chair of the Education and Training Committee and/or to ESAIC Board of Directors directly, in needed; coordinate the Trainee Representatives in other ESAIC Committees and, if necessary, attend any meeting upon request. Travel expenses to attend meetings of the Committee are provided according to standard ESAIC policy.
Applications are encouraged from ESAIC Trainee Members who meet the following criteria:
- To have a valid ESAIC Trainee membership for at least two years calendar years on the date of the application.
- Only European Trainee members can apply for the chair position within the Trainees Committee, and the new Trainees Committee Chair must be a European Trainee member for at least one calendar year on the date of the application deadline;
- Applicants to the Trainees Committee Chair position are only eligible if they are still within their first year after graduating as Anaesthesiologists at the end of the total aggregated term of office (3 years + 1);
- Member of the ESAIC Trainee Network Social Networks (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter);
- Previous participation in activities organized by the ESAICTN (Euroanaesthesia Trainees Program Team, Task Force Members…);
- Previous participation in activities directed to Students and/or Trainees;
- Current leading position in other networks/organizations (optional).
Gender balance and representation from throughout Europe will be encouraged on all Committees.
Term of office
The mandate is for three years (01 January 2024 – 31 December 2026), plus 1 year as Past Chairperson.
How to apply
If you are interested and wish to apply, please send your CV (max 2 pages) and application form and disclose any conflict of interest you may have (for the last 3 years) to the firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 25 June 2023 with the following subject ‘ESAIC Trainees Committee Chairperson – vacancy 2023’.
An appointment will be validated by the ESAIC Board following recommendations by the Nominations Committee and Trainees Committee.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this post, please contact email@example.com.
For more information about the Trainees Committee, please visit the ESAIC website and Trainees Committee | ESAIC.