The ESAIC is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated new Chairperson to the Trainees Committee.
The position for a three-year mandate becomes vacant on 1 January 2021.
The mission of the ESAIC Trainees Committee is to establish the ESAIC Trainee Network (ESAICTN), an active network between 22000 European Anaesthesiology Trainees, to further adapt ESAIC resources to the trainees’ needs. The ESAIC Trainees Committee coordinates and conducts the ESAICTN activities and projects.
The new Chairperson will take over from Dr Bernardo Matias and will liaise closely with him. The Committee is currently composed of six trainees (excluding the Chairperson) supported by one secretariat member and is organised into four Task Forces: Education, European and International Trainee Sections, Social Networks and Euroanaesthesia Trainees’ Programme. Each Task Force is coordinated by at least one Committee member and includes a maximum of four members recruited from the ESAICTN. The Trainees Committee Chairperson post requires close liaison with the Education Department of the ESAIC Secretariat in Brussels throughout the year.
The main roles of the Chair will be to:
- Become fully updated about all Committee activities in order to coordinate actions of all members and define strategies for the respective Task Forces;
- Organise and attend 1 online meeting every month: the Trainees Committee monthly meeting;
- Be fully available to support the Committee members (through email, WhatsApp or other necessary channels);
- Review and approve external communications of the Trainees Committee (examples include: every 2 months the “Update of the Trainees Committee activities” for all European National Trainee Representatives, every 6 months the “Committee Activities report” for the ESAIC Board of Directors and ESA Council, all papers for the ESAIC Newsletter and any other contributions to scientific journals);
- Every year attend Euroanaesthesia (costs supported by ESAIC) and coordinate and manage the Euroanaesthesia Trainees Programme and the Euroanaesthesia Trainees Programme Team, together with the respective Task Force coordinator. During this event the Chair will be required to attend meetings and elaborate the respective minutes as well as attend sessions included in the Euroanaesthesia Trainees Programme. Euroanaesthesia is also the time and place for the annual presential meetings of the Trainees Committee and of the National Trainee Representatives;
- Represent the Trainees Committee externally, as Trainee Representative in the ESAIC National Anaesthesiologists Societies Committee (NASC) and in the European Board of Anaesthesiology-UEMS;
- Report to the ESAIC Board of Directors directly, coordinate the Trainee Representatives in other ESAIC Committees (11 at the moment) and, if necessary, attend any meeting upon request. Travel expenses to attend meetings of the Committee are provided according to standard ESAIC policy.
Requirements for Application
Applications are encouraged from ESAIC Trainee Members who meet the following criteria:
- Only European Trainee members can apply for chair positions within the Trainees Committee and new Trainees Committee chairs must be a European Trainee member on the date of their application.
- Applicants to the Trainees Committee Chair position are only eligible if their traineeship does not come to an end before their term as Chair ends.
- Member of the ESAIC Trainee Network Social Networks (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter);
- Previous participation in activities organized by the ESAICTN (Euroanaesthesia Trainees Programme Team, Task Force Members…);
- Previous participation in activities directed to Students and/or Trainees;
- Current leading position in other networks/organisations;
- Different Nationality from the other members of the ESAIC Trainees Committee (recommended, but not mandatory).
- CV and Cover Letter (2 pages maximum for each document)
Term of office
The mandate is for three years starting January 1st 2021.
How to apply
If you are interested and wish to apply, please send into 1 file your CV (2 pages) and application form (detailing the adherence to the requirements set above) and disclose any conflict of interest you may have to the Trainees Committee: email@example.com no later than 31st January 2021 (23:59 CET) with the following subject ‘ESAIC Trainees Committee Chairperson – Vacancy 2021.
The appointment will be made by the ESAIC Board following a recommendation by the Nominations Committee and Trainees Committee. It is possible that interviews will be held to select the successful candidate.
Travel, accommodation and other necessary expenses incurred to attend meetings are covered by the ESAIC as per the ESAIC Expense Reimbursement Policy.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this post, please contact the ESAIC Trainees Committee firstname.lastname@example.org.