The ESAIC is seeking to recruit a new member of the ESAIC Trainee Exchange Programme (TEP) Committee. The ESAIC TEP Committee aims to select the best European trainees and allow them to visit, for a period of 3 months training, the best training centres that Europe can offer.
The three-year mandate of the member of the Trainee Exchange Programme (TEP) of the ESAIC becomes vacant on 1 January 2021.
The new member will start on 1 January 2021. The Committee is currently composed of four members. The TEP member post requires close liaison with the Trainee Exchange Programme Department of the ESAIC Secretariat in Brussels throughout the year to:
- Review and score the trainees’ applications selecting those awarded every year.
- Review the centre applications to fulfil the requirements to be included as a host
- Recruit centres, either directly or via the National Representatives (Members of Council or Presidents of the National Member
- Generate an annual report to the
- Play an active role in the improvement of the Host Centers of the
- Play an active role in the ESAIC Trainee Exchange
- Attend TEP Committee meetings at least twice a year; one meeting of the TEP Committee takes place face-to-face at the Euroanaesthesia Congress. Other TEP Committee meetings will take place as video- or teleconferences.
Requirements for Application
Applications are encouraged from active ESAIC members who meet the following criteria:
- Must be an ESAIC Active Member or Affiliate Member.
- Experience of anaesthetic and intensive care medicine teaching and training
- Experience of trainee exchange programme nationally and
- ESAIC Contributions
- National and international experience in examining.
- Personal experience of being a fellow or trainee
Gender balance and representation from throughout Europe will be encouraged on all Committees. No more than two representatives working professionally in any one country (except for ex-officio or co-opted members with no voting rights), and no more than one representative from the same institution, can sit on any Committee/Subcommittee. In special circumstances, the Board of Directors could grant an exception to this rule.
Term of office
The mandate is for three years officially starting on 1 January 2021, renewable twice for one year (maximum of 5 years).
How to apply
If you are interested and wish to apply, please send:
- A short curriculum vitae (2 pages)
- The application form duly filled in (detailing the adherence to the requirements set forth above)
- Disclose any conflict of interest you may have
Your application file (in the English language) must be sent in 1 file to the Trainee Exchange Programme email@example.com no later 31 Dec 2020 (23:59) CET than with the following subject ‘ESAIC Trainee Exchange Programme Committee Member – Vacancy 2021’.
Travel, accommodation and other necessary expenses incurred to attend meetings are covered by the ESAIC as per the ESAIC Expense Reimbursement Policy.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this post, please contact Prof. Zoka Milan.
Chairman ESAIC Trainee Exchange Programme Committee firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the ESAIC Trainee Exchange Programme Committee please visit the ESAIC website.