The ESAIC is seeking to recruit a new member of the ESAIC Trainee Exchange Programme (TEP) Committee. The ESAIC TEP Committee aims to select the best European trainees and allow them to visit, for a period of 3 months training, the best training centres that Europe can offer.
The three-year mandate of the member of the Trainee Exchange Programme (TEP) of the ESAIC becomes vacant on 1 January 2023.
The new member will start on 1 January 2023. The TEP plays an important role in the activities of the Society. The Committee is currently composed of four members. The TEP member post requires close liaison with the Trainee Exchange Programme Department of the ESAIC Secretariat in Brussels throughout the year to:
- Review and score the trainees applications selecting those awarded every year.
- Review the centre applications to fulfil the requirements to be included as host
- Recruit centres, either directly or via the National Representatives (Members of Council or Presidents of the National Member
- Generate an annual report to the
- Play an active role in the improvement of the Host Centers of the
- Play an active role in the ESAIC Trainee Exchange
The appointed member will be required to attend a minimum of one face to face meeting of the TEP at the Euroanaesthesia Congress and one virtual meeting. Travel expenses to attend meetings of the Committee are provided according to General Reimbursement Policy.
Applications are encouraged from active ESAIC members who meet the following criteria:
- Must be an ESAIC Active or Affiliate Member.
- Experience of anaesthetic teaching and training
- Experience of trainee exchange programme nationally and
- ESAIC Contributions
- National and international experience in giving examinations.
- Personal experience of being a fellow or trainee
Terms of Office
The mandate is for three years officially starting on 1 January 2023, renewable twice for one year (maximum of 5 years).
If you are interested and wish to apply, please send:
- A short curriculum vitae
- The application letter duly filled in (detailing the adherence to the requirements set forth above)
- Disclose any conflict of interest you may have
- 2 recommendation letters of max 1 page
Your application file (in the English language) must be send in 1 file to the Trainee Exchange Programme email@example.com no later than 30 June 2022(23:59 CEST) with the following subject ‘ESAIC Trainee Exchange Programme Committee Member – vacancy 2023’.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this post, please contact: Dr Gabriella Iohom
Chairman ESAIC Trainee Exchange Programme Committee firstname.lastname@example.org .
For more information about the ESAIC Trainee Exchange Progamme Committee please visit the ESAIC website.