The European Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care (ESAIC) is seeking to recruit two new Committee Member of the ESAIC Teach the Teacher (TtT) Committee. The ESAIC recognises that the standard of teaching of Anaesthesiology is a vital element of ensuring that our patients receive high quality safe care. Many Anaesthesiologists are involved in teaching; however, they are not often taught how to deliver education. To address this need the ESAIC developed the Teach the Teachers course – a two-week course for Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Specialists to improve their teaching skills
The three-year mandate of the member of the Teach the Teacher (TtT) of the ESAIC becomes vacant on 1 January 2022.
The new member will start on 1 January 2022. The Teach the Teacher (TtT) course has been upgraded from a Task Force into a Committee under the umbrella of Education and Training Committee (EdTC) is currently composed of four members. Therefore the ESAIC currently seeks to establish an formal Committee, existing out of 1 Chair and 3 Committee Members. Two Committee Members to be recruited in 2022 and the third in 2023.
The TtT member post requires close liaison with the Teach the Teacher Department of the ESAIC Secretariat in Brussels throughout the year to:
- Recruit TtT applicants, either directly or via the National Representatives (Members of Council or Presidents of the National Member Societies and via the ESAIC website
- Review and score the TtT applications selecting those awarded every year.
- Review the Faculty applications to fulfil the requirements to be included as Faculty member.
- Play an active role in the improvement of the Course Material of the
- Play an active role in the ESAIC Teach the Teacher Committee.
- Attend the TtT Committee meetings at least twice a year; one meeting of the TtT Committee takes place face-to-face at the Euroanaesthesia Congress. Other TtT Committee meetings will take place as video- or teleconferences.
Applications are encouraged from active ESAIC members who meet the following criteria:
- Must be an ESAIC Active Member or Affiliate Member.
- Diplomate of the TTT Masterclass
- Experience as a Faculty Member for the Week 1 and Week 2 of the course
- Experience of teaching, training, research, publishing, reviewing in Anaesthesiology, Perioperative Medicine, Intensive Care Medicine, Critical Emergency Medicine and in Pain management
- ESAIC contributions.
- National and international teaching experience.
Gender balance and representation from throughout Europe will be encouraged on all Committees. No more than two representatives working professionally in any one country (except for ex-officio or co-opted members with no voting rights), and no more than one representative from the same institution, can sit on any Committee/Subcommittee. In special circumstances, the Board of Directors could grant an exception to this rule.
Term of office
The mandate is for three years officially starting on 1 January 2022, renewable twice for one year (maximum of 5 years).
Travel, accommodation and other necessary expenses
- Incurred to attend meetings are covered by the ESAIC as per the ESAIC Expense Reimbursement Policy.
- Incurred to carry out the Part 1 and Part 2 of the TtT course will be covered by the ESAIC as per the ESAIC Teach the Teacher Subcommittee policy
How to Apply
If you are interested and wish to apply, please send:
- A short curriculum vitae (2 pages)
- The application form duly filled in (detailing the adherence to the requirements set forth above)
- Disclose any conflict of interest you may have
Your application file (in the English language) must be sent in 1 file to the Teach the Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1 August 2021 (23:59) CET with the following subject ‘ESAIC Teach the Teacher Committee Member – Vacancy 2022’.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this post, please contact: Prof Stef de Hert.
Chairman ESAIC Education and Training Committee: email@example.com
For more information about the ESAIC Trainee Exchange Programme Committee please visit here.