The ESAIC Scientific Committee (SC) is seeking to recruit new chairpersons and members for its Scientific Subcommittees.
All terms of office will start on 1 January 2021.
Deadline for applications is Monday, 2 November 2020 (23:59 CET)
Applications for different subcommittees are not allowed.
Subcommittee Chairperson Vacancies
- Subcommittee 5: Paediatric Anaesthesiology – 1 vacancy
- Subcommittee 11: Respiration and Airway Management – 1 vacancy
The ESAIC Scientific Committee fulfils the following functions:
- The Scientific Subcommittees provide a European platform for contact and exchange of ideas and scientific initiatives within their specific field of interest. They need to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and initiatives at the different ESAIC annual meetings.
- Determines the scientific programme of ESAIC Scientific Meetings. The Scientific Programme Committee will put together the programme based on the suggestions made by SSC members, along with other ESAIC entities (Research Committee, EJA, ESAIC Academy, etc.) and external entities (ESAIC members, specialist societies, etc.) This programme will be presented and discussed in a meeting with the SSC Chairs in order to come to a final proposal. The Programme Committee consists of the Scientific Committee Chair and Past, or Deputy Chair, the Research Committee Chair and the Education and Training Committee Chair.
- Determines the scientific programme for invited ESAIC panels to scientific meetings of other societies.
- Monitors the process of the scientific programme at the scientific meetings.
- Assesses abstracts submitted for presentation at Euroanaesthesia
- Proposes, coordinates and administers the Euroanaesthesia Best Abstract Prize.
- Carries out other functions as decided by the Board.
Requirements for Application
For ESAIC Scientific Subcommittee Chairperson positions, applicants must have been ESAIC active members for at least two years prior to the year of application.
Example: if you wish to apply for a Chair position in 2020 (with a term of office starting in January 2021), you must have been an ESAIC active member since 2018.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Applicants interested in getting involved in a Scientific (Sub)Committee should make sure they can dedicate sufficient time to this commitment.
Term of office
The term of office is 3 years, plus 1.5 years as Past Chair, subject to availability and commitment to the chairpersons’ tasks. A member of one subcommittee can become its chair no later than at the end of their 3rd year.
Members of the subcommittee can apply for the chair position as far as the cumulated terms of office (member + chair) does not exceed 7,5 years.
How to apply
Candidates must send their application form along with a CV (maximum 2 sides of A4) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org – no later than 2 November 2020 (23:59 CET).
Download the application form for chairperson here
Further details regarding the role, term of office and application conditions are available here.
For any further information, please contact Sarah Herbineaux at email@example.com