The ESAIC Scientific Committee (SC) is seeking to recruit new chairpersons and members for its Scientific Subcommittees.
All terms of office will start on 1 January 2022.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, 30 June 2021 (23:59 CET)
Applications for different subcommittees are not allowed.
Subcommittee Chairperson Vacancies
- Subcommittee 2: Ambulatory Anaesthesia – 1 vacancy
- Subcommittee 7: Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anaesthesiology – 1 vacancy
- Subcommittee 12: Transfusion, Haemostasis and Thrombosis – 1 vacancy
- Subcommittee 13: Pharmacology – 1 vacancy
- Subcommittee 14: Monitoring, Ultrasound and Equipment – 1 vacancy
- Subcommittee 15: Geriatric Anaesthesiology – 1 vacancy
Subcommittee Member Vacancies
- Subcommittee 1: General Anaesthesiology– 1 vacancy
- Subcommittee 3: Regional Anaesthesia– 1 vacancy
- Subcommittee 4: Obstetric Anaesthesiology – 1 vacancy
- Subcommittee 8: Acute and Chronic Pain Management and Palliative Medicine – 1 vacancy
- Subcommittee 9: Intensive Care Medicine – 1 vacancy
- Subcommittee 10: Critical Emergency Medicine – Trauma and Resuscitation – 3 vacancies
- Subcommittee 11: Respiration and Airway Management – 2 vacancies
- Subcommittee 16: Ethics – 1 vacancy
The ESAIC Scientific Committee fulfils the following functions:
- The Scientific Subcommittees provide a European platform for contact and exchange of ideas and scientific initiatives within their specific field of interest. They need to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and initiatives at the different ESAIC annual meetings and educational projects.
- Determines the scientific programme of ESAIC Scientific Meetings. The Scientific Programme Committee will put together the programme based on the suggestions made by SSC members, along with other ESAIC entities (Research Committee, EJA, ESAIC Academy, etc.) and external entities (ESAIC members, specialist societies, etc.) This programme will be presented and discussed in a meeting with the SSC Chairs in order to come to a final proposal. The Programme Committee consists of the Scientific Committee Chair and Past or Deputy Chair, the Research Committee Chair and the Education and Training Committee Chair.
- Determines the scientific programme for invited ESAIC panels to scientific meetings of other societies.
- Monitors the process of the scientific programme at the scientific meetings.
- Assesses abstracts submitted for presentation at Euroanaesthesia
- Proposes coordinates and administers the Euroanaesthesia Best Abstract Prize.
- Carries out other functions as decided by the Board (endorsements, surveys, etc)
For ESAIC Scientific Subcommittee Chairperson positions, applicants must have been ESAIC active members for at least two years prior to the year of application.
For example: if you wish to apply for a Chair position in 2021 (with a term of office starting in January 2022), you must have been an ESA active member since 2019.
For ESAIC Scientific Subcommittee Member positions, applicants must be ESAIC Active, Affiliate or ESAIC Trainee members at the time of application.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Applicants interested in getting involved in a Scientific (Sub)Committee should make sure they can dedicate sufficient time to this commitment.
Term of office
The term of office is 3 years, plus 1 year as Past Chair, subject to availability and commitment to the chairpersons’ tasks. A member of one subcommittee can become its chair no later than at the end of their 3rd year.
Members of the subcommittee can apply for the chair position as far as the cumulated terms of office (member + chair) does not exceed 7 years.
How to Apply
Candidates must send their application form along with a CV (maximum 2 sides of A4) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org – no later than 30 June 2021 (23:59 CET).