The ESAIC is seeking to recruit a new Chairperson for the Patient Safety and Quality Committee (PSQC). The vacancy is as of 1st January 2022.
The new Chairperson will take over from Dr Daniel Arnal and will liaise closely with him and the members of the PSQC.
The duties of the PSQC chairperson include:
- To lead and coordinate the activities of the PSQC as well as ESAIC Patient Safety and Quality Projects in collaboration with the ESAIC Board of Directors, and with other institutions of the Society;
- To establish and maintain relationships with National and International Societies of Anaesthesiology and other organisations in order to collaborate regarding the promotion of patient safety and quality;
- To elaborate suggestions for Patient Safety and Quality topics for the scientific programme of the Euroanaesthesia and other scientific meetings in collaboration with the Scientific Committee;
- To participate in the Industrie Liason Task Force;
- To elaborate a written report of the committee projects twice a year;
- To elaborate the annual budget to fund PSQC activities;
- To support ESAIC e-newsletter and supervise the ESAIC PSQC website published contents.
The appointed chairperson will be required to attend online and physical meetings of the PSQC and other ESAIC meetings where the presence of the PSQC chairperson will be necessary. Travel expenses to attend these meetings are provided according to the standard ESAIC reimbursement policy.
The candidate must have the following profile:
- Be a qualified anaesthesiologist
- Have been an ESAIC Active member for at least two years: active participation in ESAIC activities will be considered.
- Be a leader in the area of Patient Safety and Quality projects: involvement in projects, education, publications, and invited lectures related to patient safety and quality will be considered.
- Be fluent in English
- Have the necessary time resources
Term of office
The new chair of the PSQC will be elected for a term of 3 years. For continuity, the Past Chair will remain a member of the relevant Committee for one year after the end of his/her term as Chairperson. Hence, the new Chair will be elected for a total of 4 years and officially beginning on 1 January 2021 (even if the actual appointment takes place in the course of 2021).
How to apply
If you wish to apply, please send by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Application form
- Curriculum Vitae, which should detail how you meet the criteria above with special attention to the aspects that will especially be considered (ESAIC activity and involvement in projects, education, publications, and invited lectures related to patient safety and quality)
- Short outline (maximum one page A4) of your goals and perspectives as chair of the PSQC
- List of publications highlighting those related to Patient Safety and Quality
Applications must be received no later than midnight 30 June 2021. An appointment will be made by the ESAIC Board following a recommendation by the Nominations Committee. It is possible that interviews will be held at the ESAIC Secretariat to select the successful candidate.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this post, please contact:
Dr Daniel Arnal Chairperson
ESAIC Patient Safety & Quality Committee
Patient Safety and Simulation Project Manager
+32 (0)2 250 3052