The three-year tenureship of the Chairperson of the Patient Safety and Quality Committee (PSQC) of the ESAIC becomes vacant on 1 January 2023.
The new Chairperson will take over from Dr Daniel Arnal and will liaise closely with him and the members of the PSQC.
The duties of the PSQC chairperson include:
- To lead and coordinate the activities of the PSQC as well as ESAIC Patient Safety and Quality Projects in collaboration with the ESAIC Board of Directors, and with other institutions of the Society;
- To establish and maintain relationships with National and International Societies of Anaesthesiology and other organisations in order to collaborate regarding the promotion of patient safety and quality;
- To elaborate suggestions for Patient Safety and Quality topics for the scientific programme of the Euroanaesthesia and other scientific meetings in collaboration with the Scientific Committee;
- To participate in the Industry Liason Task Force;
- To participate in the Scientific Committee
- To participate in the Educational and Training Committee
- To participate in the Simulation Committee
- To elaborate a written report of the committee projects twice a year;
- To elaborate the annual budget to fund PSQC activities;
- To support the ESAIC e-newsletter and supervise the ESAIC PSQC website published contents.
The appointed chairperson will be required to attend online and physical meetings of the PSQC and other ESAIC meetings where the presence of the PSQC chairperson will be necessary. Travel expenses to attend these meetings are provided according to the standard ESAIC reimbursement policy.
The candidate must have the following profile:
- Be a qualified anaesthesiologist
- Have been an Active or Affilaite ESAIC member for at least two years. Active participation in ESAIC activities will be considered.
- Be a leader in the area of Patient Safety and Quality projects: involvement in projects, education, publications, and invited lectures related to patient safety and quality will be considered.
- Be fluent in English
- Have the necessary time resources
Term of Office
The term of office is three years starting 01 January 2023. For continuity of activities, the Past-Chair will remain a member of the PSQC for one and a half years after the end of his/her term as Chair.
If you wish to apply, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Chairperson application form
- Curriculum Vitae, which should detail how you meet the criteria above with special attention to the aspects that will especially be considered (ESAIC activity and involvement in projects, education, publications, and invited lectures related to patient safety and quality)
- Short outline (maximum one page A4) of your goals and perspectives as chair of the PSQC
- List of publications highlighting those related to Patient Safety and Quality
Applications must be received no later than 30 June 2022 23.59 CEST. The appointment will be made by the ESAIC Board following the recommendation of the Nominations Committee. It is possible that interviews will be held at the ESAIC Secretariat to select the successful candidate.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this post, please contact:
Dr Daniel Arnal
ESAIC Patient Safety & Quality Committee email@example.com
Patient Safety and Simulation Project Manager
T +32 (0)2 250 3052