The ESAIC is seeking to recruit a new member with Russian as a mother tongue for the On-Line Assessment Subcommittee. The OLA Subcommittee is responsible for the practical organisation and development of the On-Line Assessment (OLA) taking place every year in April, as well as the management of the OLA Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) databank.
The new OLA Subcommittee Member will have full voting rights in this Subcommittee and his/her main duties will be the following:
- Create and review Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) covering basic sciences and clinical subjects annually.
- Translate 120 OLA MCQs to Russian yearly using a dedicated software platform and possibly other documents such as regulations, policies or promotional material.
- Support the EDAIC Part I translation by reviewing 120 EDAIC Part I MCQs to Russian yearly.
- Travel to attend or remotely attend examinations or meetings. One meeting of the Examinations Committee takes place face-to-face at the Euroanaesthesia Congress(not valid in 2021). Other Examinations Committee meetings will take place as video or teleconferences, including one in October that can clash with the ASA annual congress.
- Support the development of the On-Line Assessment as well as its recognition.
- Assist with the organisation of the assessment when required.
- Liaise with the OLA Subcommittee Chair and Members regarding strategic and specific decisions.
- Participate in the selection process of new OLA Subcommittee Members.
- Undertake other tasks requested by the OLA Subcommittee Chair on an ad-hoc basis.
The candidate must have the following profile:
- Must be an ESAIC Active Member.
- Must be a consultant (i.e. not in training; retired anaesthetists cannot apply).
- Must be in clinical practice (i.e. not working for research only).
- Practising anaesthesia in a hospital with trainee anaesthetists.
- Must have Russian as mother tongue, and a good command of English.
- Must have experience in teaching and educational activities.
- Must have examination-related experience and preferably specific involvement in OLA centres.
Gender balance and representation from throughout Europe will be encouraged on all Committees. No more than two representatives working professionally in any one country (except for ex-officio or co-opted members with no voting rights), and no more than one representative from the same institution, can sit on any Committee/Subcommittee. In special circumstances, the Board of Directors could grant an exception to this rule.
Term of office
The new member of the OLA Subcommittee will be elected for a term of 3 years, renewable annually up to 8 years1and officially beginning on 1 January 2022(even if the actual appointment takes place in the course of 2021). OLA Subcommittee Members must resign from the Committee 1 year after retiring from active work.
Travel, accommodation and other necessary expenses incurred to attend meetings or assessments are cov-ered by the ESAIC as per the ESAIC Expense Reimbursement Policy.
How to Apply
(1) a Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages in the English language)
(2) Your filled in the Application form to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com before 30 June 2021. Complete applications will be reviewed by the Examinations and Nominations Committees and the outcome will be communicated at the earliest. All OLA Subcommittee Members will need to declare their conflict of interest on a yearly basis for the whole duration of their term of office.
Any questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.