The ESAIC is seeking to recruit two new Industry Liaison Officers (ILOs), one specialised in anaesthesia and one specialised in Intensive Care.
The ILO is responsible for establishing and maintaining a liaison between the ESAIC and its industrial partners and plays a leading role in the income generation of the Society. The ILO position requires close collaboration with ESAIC Board, the ESAIC Office in Brussels, ESAIC industry partners and other Industry companies.
- Develop the strategy towards Industry companies, together with the Industry Task Force and ensure close collaboration with the PS&Q Committee chair, chairs of Research, Scientific and Education & Training Committees
- Build on the relationship with actual partners and attract new ESAIC partners
- Have a leading role in the partner meetings and prepare the meeting together with the Industry Task Force
- Chair meetings of the Industry Task Force and take responsibility of the agenda, minutes and follow up
- Have regular contacts with Industry partners and ensure being updated of trends and interests in the world of industry
- Take a leading role (together with the CEO) in budget negotiations with industry partners for A-CRO projects
- Participate in the meetings of the Finance and Congress Committees, reporting on the developments of the Industry Task Force and giving input for income-generating strategies
- Advise the ESAIC Board on important industry-related decisions to be taken by the ESAIC Board
- Regular reporting to the Board of Directors of the current activities and future strategic projects.
- Participate in the annual board strategy meetings
Requirements/ election criteria
- Applications are encouraged from active ESAIC active members across Europe who meet the following criteria:
- Established collaboration with Industry partners and familiar with their key strategic projects
- Understanding of opportunities for future development in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
- In-depth knowledge of the industry clinical trial business.
- Experience in obtaining funding
- Good knowledge of the ESAIC
- Understanding of the educational needs in the field of anaesthesiology, intensive care and perioperative medicine, pain and emergency medicine.
- Available to dedicate the necessary time and efforts
- Good communication skills, creating a motivating and engaging culture, good strategic vision and being able to articulate his or her vision for a project or for the organization, along with the steps – or goals – needed to achieve it.
- Must have been an Active ESAIC member for at least two years on the day of application
Term of office
The new ILO will be appointed for a term of 3 years. His/her term of office is set to start with immediate effect after his/her appointment, aimed for September 2021 (can be later if the Board would decide to hold interviews).
The usual practice is that appointments follow calendar years (i. e. with mandate start on 1 Jan 2022 and end on 31 Dec. 2024), but as the Board requires that the candidate starts immediately, the term of office as ILO runs exceptionally until 31/12/2024.
The ILO will be entitled to:
- free registration for the ESAIC annual meetings (Euroanaesthesia and Focus Meeting)
- lump sum for covering travel costs and accommodation as needed for fulfilling the tasks and according to ESAIC policy
- reimbursement of travel costs and accommodation for meetings with the industry partners in Brussels
How to apply
If you are interested, and wish to apply, please send by e-mail:
- Your application letter, which should detail how you meet the criteria and if you apply for the ILO position specialised on anaesthesia or the ILO position specialised on intensive care, and Curriculum Vitae
- Short outline (maximum one page A4) of your perspectives as ILO.
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15 September 2021 with the following subject ‘ESAIC ILO – vacancy 2021’.
Appointments will be made by the ESAIC Board.