The ESAIC is seeking to recruit a new Chairperson of the ESAIC Exchange Programme Committee. The ESAIC EP Committee aims to select the best European doctors in their early careers and allow them to visit, for a period of up to 3 months training, the best training centres that Europe can offer.
The EP Chairperson post requires close liaison with the Education and Training Committee to:
- Review and score the young doctors’ applications selecting those awarded every year.
- Review the centres’ applications to fulfil the requirements to be included as host
- Recruit centres, either directly or via the National Representatives (Members of Council or Presidents of the National Member Societies).
- Generate reports to the ESAIC Board of Directors.
- Play an active role in the improvement of the Host Centres of the Exchange Programme.
- Play an active role in the ESAIC Exchange
- Liaise with other committees with similar programmes and goals within and outside ESAIC.
- Promote the ESAIC Exchange Programme.
- Publish occasional reports in the ESAIC Newsletter.
The Exchange Programme Committee is a sub-committee of the Education and Training Committee. The Exchange Programme Chair sits as an ex-officio member of the Education and Training Committee.
The appointed chairperson will be required to attend at least 1 meeting of the Exchange Programme Committee at the annual Euroanaesthesia Congress and several e-meetings throughout the year. Travel expenses to attend meetings of the Committee are provided according to standard ESAIC policy.
Requirements for Application
Applications are encouraged from active ESAIC members who meet the following criteria:
- Must be an ESAIC Active or Affiliate Member for at least two years calendar years on the date of the application.
- Experience of Ananestesiology, Intensive Care, Pain Management and/or Emergency Medicine teaching and training nationally;
- Experience of exchange programmes nationally and internationally;
- ESAIC contributions;
- National and international experience in giving examinations;
- Personal experience of being a fellow or trainee
Gender balance and representation from throughout Europe will be encouraged on all Committees.
Term of office
The mandate is for three years (01 January 2024 – 31 December 2026), plus 1 year as Past Chairperson.
How to apply
If you are interested and wish to apply, please send your CV (2 pages) and application form and disclose any conflict of interest you may have (for the last 3 years) to the Exchange Programme Committee email@example.com no later than 25 June 2023 with the following subject ‘ESAIC Exchange Programme Committee Chairperson – vacancy 2023’.
An appointment will be validated by the ESAIC Board following recommendations by the Nominations Committee and the Exchange Programme Committee.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this post, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Exchange Programme Committee, please visit the ESAIC website and Exchange Programme Committee | ESAIC.