The ESAIC is seeking to recruit a new member with French mother tongue for the Examinations Subcommittee Part II. The Examinations Subcommittee Part II is responsible for the practical organisation and development of the European Diploma in Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care (EDAIC) Part-II Examination, as well as the management of the EDAIC Part II Guided Questions databank.
The French-speaking representative of the Examinations Subcommittee Part II will have full voting rights in this Subcommittee and his/her main duties will be the following:
- Attendance at the annual October meetings (which can clash with the ASA meetings; a second meeting can also be organised during the Euroanaesthesia congress if necessary).
- Yearly review of open Guided Questions for all EDAIC Part II examinations of the following year.
- Yearly submission of open Guided Questions as requested by the Part II Subcommittee Chair (currently three GQs requested per year).
- The translation of EDAIC Part II Guided Questions into his/her native language.
- The translation of other EDAIC documents (regulations, policies, promotional material etc.) into his/her native language and the update of those documents when required.
- Review of EDAIC Part II examiner applications.
- Review of applications for vacant positions in the Examinations Subcommittee Part II.
- Assistance with the organisation of the EDAIC Part II examinations in his/her country if required.
- Participation in the development of the EDAIC Part II examinations and striving to maintain the high standard of the EDAIC.
- Undertake other tasks requested by the Part II Subcommittee Chair on an ad-hoc basis.
The candidate must have the following profile:
- Must be an ESAIC Active or Affiliate Member.
- Must be a consultant (i.e. not in training; retired anaesthetists cannot apply).
- Must be in clinical practice (i.e. not working for research only).
- Must be practising anaesthesia in a hospital with trainee anaesthetists.
- Must have French as mother tongue and a good command of English.
- Must have experience with teaching and educational activities.
- Must have examination-related experience, preferably familiar with the EDAIC and with the National Board examination.
- Must be of good standing with the profession.
Gender balance and representation from throughout Europe will be encouraged on all Committees. No more than two representatives working professionally in any one country (except for ex-officio or co-opted members with no voting rights), and no more than one representative from the same institution, can sit on any Committee/Subcommittee. In special circumstances, the Board of Directors could grant an exception to this rule.
Term of office
The new member of the Examinations Subcommittee Part II will be elected for a term of 3 years, renewable annually up to 8 years and officially beginning on 1 January 2021 (even if the actual appointment takes place in the course of 2021). Examinations Subcommittee Part II Members must resign from the Subcommittee within on year after retiring from active work.
Travel, accommodation and other necessary expenses incurred to attend meetings or examinations are covered by the ESAIC as per the ESAIC Expense Reimbursement Policy.
How to Apply
Please send us:
(2) a Curriculum Vitae written in the English language and a maximum of 3 pages
(3) a picture (300dpi).
Your application file must be sent to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 March 2021 (please do not send e-mails heavier than 5MB). Complete applications will be reviewed by the Examinations and Nominations Committees and the outcome will be communicated at the earliest. All Members of the Examinations Subcommittee Part II will need to declare their conflict of interest on a yearly basis for the whole duration of their term of office. This declaration may have to be published on the ESAIC website.
Any questions? Please contact email@example.com.