The ESAIC is seeking to recruit a new member with Portuguese mother tongue for the Examinations Subcommittee Part I. The Examinations Subcommittee Part I is responsible for the practical organisation and development of the European Diploma in Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Part I Examination taking place every year in September, as well as the management of the EDAIC Part I Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) databank.
- The Portuguese-speaking representative of the Examinations Subcommittee Part I will have full voting rights in this Subcommittee and his/her main duties will be the following:
- Travel to attend or remotely attend examinations or meetings. One meeting of the Examinations Committee takes place face-to-face at the Euroanaesthesia Congress (not valid in 2021). Other Examinations Committee meetings will take place online, including one in October that can clash with the ASA annual congress.
- Translation of 120 EDAIC Part I MCQs to Portuguese yearly using a dedicated software platform and possibly other documents such as regulations, policies or promotional material.
- Yearly review of Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs) for the next EDAIC Part I examination.
- Yearly submission of MCQs as requested by the Examinations Subcommittee Part I Chair (currently 5 MCQs per year).
- Support the On-Line Assessment (OLA) translation by reviewing 120 OLA MCQs translated to Portuguese yearly (the Portuguese OLA translator will review the EDAIC Part I translation to Portuguese).
- Assistance with the organisation of the EDAIC Part I in their home country if required.
- Report on the organisation of the EDAIC Part I in their home country if requested by the Examinations Subcommittee Part I Chair.
- Support the development of the EDAIC Part I as well as its recognition.
- Liaison with the Examinations Subcommittee Part I Chair and Members regarding strategic and specific decisions.
- Participation in the selection process of new Examinations Subcommittee Part I Members.
- Undertake other tasks requested by the Examinations Subcommittee Part I Chair on an ad-hoc basis.
The candidate must have the following profile:
- Must be an ESAIC Active or Affiliate Member.
- Must be a consultant (i.e. not in training; retired anaesthetists cannot apply).
- Must be in clinical practice (i.e. not working for research only).
- Must be practising anaesthesia in a hospital with trainee anaesthetists.
- Must have Portuguese as mother tongue and a good command of English.
- Must have experience with teaching and educational activities.
- Must have examination-related experience, preferably familiar with the EDAIC or with the National Board examination.
- Must be of good standing with the profession.
Gender balance and representation from throughout Europe will be encouraged on all Committees. No more than two representatives working professionally in any one country (except for ex-officio or co-opted members with no voting rights), and no more than one representative from the same institution, can sit on any Committee/Subcommittee. In special circumstances, the Board of Directors could grant an exception to this rule.
Term of office
The new member of the Examinations Subcommittee Part I will be elected for a term of 3 years, renewable annually up to 8 years and officially beginning on 1 January 2022 (even if the actual appointment takes place in the course of 2021). Examinations Subcommittee Part I Members must resign from the Subcommittee within one year after retiring from active work.
Travel, accommodation and other necessary expenses incurred to attend meetings or examinations are covered by the ESAIC as per the ESAIC Expense Reimbursement Policy.
How to Apply
(1) the completed application form
(2) a Curriculum Vitae written in English language and of maximum 3 pages
Your application file must be sent to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 July 2021 (please do not send e-mails heavier than 5MB). Complete applications will be reviewed by the Examinations and Nominations Committees and the outcome will be communicated at the earliest. All Members of the Examinations Subcommittee Part I will need to declare their conflict of interest on a yearly basis for the whole duration of their term of office. This declaration may have to be published on the ESAIC website.
Any questions? Please contact email@example.com.