The ESAIC is seeking to recruit a Representative for Switzerland in the Examinations Subcommittee Part I. The Examinations Subcommittee Part I is responsible for the practical organisation and development of the European Diploma in Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Part I Examination taking place every year in September and the management of the EDAIC Part I Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) databank.
The Swiss Representative of the Examinations Subcommittee Part I will have full voting rights in this Subcommittee and his/her main duties will be the following:
- Attendance at the annual October meetings (which can clash with the ASA meetings; a second meeting can also be organised during the Euroanaesthesia congress if necessary).
- Yearly review of Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs) for the next EDAIC Part I examination.
- Yearly submission of MCQs as requested by the Examinations Subcommittee Part I Chair (currently 5 MCQs per year).
- Assistance with the organisation of the EDAIC Part I in their home country if required.
- Report on the organisation of the EDAIC Part I in their home country if requested by the Examinations Subcommittee Part I Chair.
- Support the development of the EDAIC Part I as well as its recognition.
- Liaison with the Examinations Subcommittee Part I Chair and Members regarding strategic and specific decisions.
- Participation in the selection process of new Examinations Subcommittee Part I Members.
- Undertake other tasks requested by the Examinations Subcommittee Part I Chair on an ad-hoc basis.
The candidate must have the following profile:
- Must be an ESAIC Active Member.
- Must be a consultant (i.e. not in training; retired anaesthetists cannot apply).
- Must be in clinical practice (i.e. not working for research only).
- Must be practising anaesthesia in a hospital with trainee anaesthetists.
- Must have French, German or Italian as mother tongue and a good command of English.
- Must have experience with teaching and educational activities.
- Must have examination-related experience, preferably familiar with the EDAIC and with the National Board examination.
- Must be supported by the Swiss regional authorities.
Gender balance and representation from throughout Europe will be encouraged on all Committees. No more than two representatives working professionally in any one country (except for ex-officio or co-opted members with no voting rights), and no more than one representative from the same institution, can sit on any Committee/Subcommittee. In special circumstances, the Board of Directors could grant an exception to this rule.
Term of office
The new member of the Examinations Subcommittee Part I will be elected for a term of 3 years, renewable annually up to 8 years2 and officially beginning on 1 January 2022 (even if the actual appointment takes place in the course of 2021). Examinations Subcommittee Part II Members must resign from the Subcommittee within one year after retiring from active work.
Travel, accommodation and other necessary expenses incurred to attend meetings or examinations are covered by the ESAIC as per the ESAIC Expense Reimbursement Policy.
How to Apply
The direct appointment is made by the SGAR/SSAR.
Any questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.