The ESAIC is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated new Chairperson to the e-Learning Committee to assist in evolving and advancing eLearning in the Education Department of the ESAIC.
e-Learning plays an important role in the development of professional education and is of the utmost value in the current Mission and Vision of our Society.
The e-Learning Chairperson post requires close liaison with the Education and Training Committee to:
- Produce Webinar programmes, e-Learning modules and other web-based educational products, some of which are created jointly with other ESAIC Committees and/or other associations;
- Provide and improve knowledge, and skills and help to evolve attitudes in the field of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care, Pain Management and Emergency Medicine through web-based services;
- Develop and promote the ESAIC Learning Management System (LMS) and related activities;
- Define the educational focus to add to the ESAIC LMS and to develop eLearning strategies for the future;
- Identify, develop and evaluate new e-Learning methods, techniques and content, such as new technology initiatives and “best practice” e-Learning projects.
The e-Learning Committee is a sub-committee of the Education and Training Committee. The e-Learning Chair sits as an ex-officio member of the Education and Training Committee.
The appointed chairperson will be required to attend at least 1 meeting of the e-Learning Committee at the annual Euroanaesthesia Congress and several e-meetings throughout the year. Travel expenses to attend meetings of the Committee are provided according to standard ESAIC policy.
Applications are encouraged from active ESAIC members who meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold up-to-date Active or Affiliate ESAIC membership at the time of application for a minimum of the two previous years, up to and including the date of the application deadline.
- Previously committee experience in ESAIC teaching, educational or scientific activities;
- A good understanding of teaching methodology and its use in clinical practice;
- Knowledge of the didactics of training and education and awareness of balancing learning objectives vs. content;
- Previous activities in e-Learning (experience as Host/Speaker of Webinars or author of eLearning modules);
- Experience in Social Media as a marketing tool (optional);
- Publications in education or training (optional);
- Master of Medical Education (optional);
Gender balance and representation from throughout Europe will be encouraged on all Committees.
Term of office
The mandate is for three years (01 January 2024-31 December 2026), plus 1 year as Past Chairperson.
How to apply
If you are interested and wish to apply, please send your CV (max 2 pages) and application form and disclose any conflict of interest you may have (for the last 3 years) to the e-Learning Committee email@example.com no later than 25 June 2023 with the following subject ‘ESAIC e-Learning Committee Chairperson – vacancy 2023’.
An appointment will be validated by the ESAIC Board following a recommendation by the Nominations Committee and the eLearning Committee.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this post, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.