The ESA is recruiting a Chairperson for the Education Committee. The Education Committee (EduC) is responsible for the coordination of the educational activities within the ESA according to the EduC policy.
Deadline: 7 March 2021
The role of the Education Committee Chairperson will be:
- Ensuring that the EduC fulfils its responsibilities for the governance and success of all ESAIC educational activities from the e-Learning Committee, Teach the Teacher Masterclass Committee, the Committee for European Education in Anaesthesiology, and the Simulation Committee.
- Providing leadership and direction to the EduC particularly in setting objectives and priorities in line with the vision, mission, and strategies of the Society.
- Leading EduC meetings and being responsible for the minutes of each meeting (the drafts of which being prepared by the ESAIC Staff).
- Facilitating and optimising the relationship between all Committees and Subcommittees involved in the educational activities of the ESAIC.
- Encouraging and supporting cooperation within the members of the EduC by enabling committee discussion.
- On an ad-hoc basis and in agreement with the Chairs of the four aforementioned committees under the responsibility of the EduC, attending meetings of those four committees.
- Close cooperation with the ESAIC Office and Chairs of other ESAIC committees.
- Ensuring implementation of the agreed initiatives and new projects in the field of medical education in line with the available resources.
- Preparing an annual budget with the support of ESAIC staff and ensure efficient and effective management of the financial resources. The EduC Chair will provide input and advice for the budget of the four committees under the responsibility of the EduC.
- Regular reporting to the Board of Directors of the current activities and future strategic project.
- Regular contacts with the Industry Liaison Officer to exchange information on current and future projects supported by the Industry.
The candidate must have the following profile:
- Must have been an Active ESAIC member for at least two years (1).
- Good knowledge of the ESAIC. Previous experience in ESAIC educational activities is an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of educational needs in the field of anaesthesiology, intensive care and perioperative medicine, pain, and emergency medicine.
- Have a track record in teaching in anaesthesiology
- Available to dedicate the necessary time and efforts related to the work of the EduC.
- Good communication skills, creating a motivating and engaging culture, good strategic vision and being able to articulate his or her vision for a project or for the organization, along with the steps – or goals – needed to achieve it.
- An educational degree such as a Master’s in Medical Education is an asset.
(1) Active ESAIC members must be physicians who completed an accredited anaesthesia training program, are certified in anaesthesiology, are licensed to practice medicine, and who reside in a European country as defined by the World Health Organisation.
Term of office
The new Chair of the EduC will be elected for a term of 3 years, followed by a 1-year period as Past-Chair of the Committee. His/her term of office is set to start on 1 April 2021. The mandate of this chair will last until 31 Dec. 2023.
Travel, accommodation, and other necessary expenses incurred to attend meetings are covered by the ESAIC as per the ESAIC Expense Reimbursement Policy.
How to Apply
Please send: (1) the completed application form (2) a Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 sides of DIN A4) (3) and a picture (300 dpi).
Complete applications will be reviewed by the Education Committee and the Nominations Committee.
Deadline: 7 March 2021
Please note that an interview of short-listed candidates may be organised. Following the interview, the panel will give a recommendation to the ESAIC Board of Directors. The Board will ratify this proposal if acceptable.
Please note that all ESAIC committee members will need to declare their conflict of interest for the last 3 years. This declaration shall be renewed annually and published on the website.
Any questions? Please contact email@example.com