The ESAIC is seeking to recruit one new member for the CEEA Committee. The Committee for European Education in Anaesthesiology (CEEA) fosters Continuing Medical Education (CME), Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and Evaluation of Professional Practice (EPP) through the organisation of a six-module course aimed at specialist anaesthesiologists. The CEEA represents around 60 centres spread over Europe and beyond.
The tasks of the CEEA Committee are:
- Proposing a general operating scheme
- Proposing an educational model
- Proposing educational materials
- Interacting with Centre Directors for the quality assessment of the courses
- Promoting CEEA courses.
The new members of the CEEA Committee will have full voting rights in the committee and his/her main duties will be the following:
- Attending the annual CEEA meeting at Euroanaesthesia and participating in WebEx Meetings
- Helping the Committee to act as a body for Continuing Medical Education (CME/CPD) in close cooperation with the ESAIC Board of Directors, ESAIC Scientific Committee, ESAIC Education Committee, and the Examinations Committee
- Contributing to the strategic decisions regarding the running and the future of the CEEA
- Striving to maintain excellent relationships between the CEEA Directors and the Committee
- Actively promoting the CEEA, in particular in their home country
- Reviewing CEEA documents
- Improving the content of the courses and the teaching tools
- Improving both the quality assessments of the courses
Requirements for Application
The candidate must have the following profile:
- Must be an ESAIC Active or Affiliate Member
- Must have experience in organising the full CEEA six-module cycle (minimum 1 year)
- Must have experience with accreditation at the regional, national or international level
- Must have experience in education in anaesthesiology, intensive care and/or pain management
- Must be a consultant (i.e. not in training; retired anaesthetists cannot apply)
- Must be in clinical practice (i.e. not working for research only, minimum of 5 years)
- Must be in good standing with the profession
- Must have a good command of English
Term of office
The new member of the CEEA Committee will be elected for a term of 3 years, renewable twice annually up to 5 years in total and officially beginning on 1 January 2022.
How to apply
- the application form here duly filled in
- a short curriculum vitae written in the English language
- 2 recommendation letters of maximum 1 page written in the English language by active CEEA Centre Directors
- a recent picture
Your application file must be sent to email@example.com before 20th August 2021 (please do not send e-mails heavier than 5MB). Complete applications will be reviewed by the CEEA and Nominations Committees and the outcome will be communicated at the earliest. All Members of the CEEA Committee will need to declare their conflict of interest on a yearly basis for the whole duration of their term of office. This declaration may have to be published on the ESAIC website.
Travel, accommodation and other necessary expenses incurred to attend meetings are covered by the ESAIC as per the ESAIC Expense Reimbursement Policy.
Any questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org