The ESAIC is seeking to recruit a new Chairperson for the CEEA Committee.
The term of office will start on 1 January 2024.
The deadline for applications is 25 June 2023.
The ESAIC is seeking to recruit a new Chairperson for the CEEA Committee. The vacancy will occur as of 01 January 2024.
The Committee for European Education in Anaesthesiology (CEEA) fosters Continuing Medical Education (CME), Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and Evaluation of Professional Practice (EPP) through the organisation of a six-module course aimed at specialist anaesthesiologists. The CEEA represents CEEA centres spread over Europe and beyond.
The tasks of the CEEA Committee are:
- Proposing a general operating scheme
- Proposing an educational model
- Proposing educational materials
- Interacting with Centre Directors for the quality assessment of the courses
- Promoting CEEA courses.
The Chair of the CEEA Committee will have full voting rights in the committee, and his/her main duties will be the following:
- Leading the annual CEEA meetings at Euroanaesthesia and participating in virtual Meetings throughout the year;
- Guiding the Committee to act as a body for Continuing Medical Education (CME/CPD) in close cooperation with the relevant ESAIC committees;
- Leading to the strategic decisions regarding the running and the future of the CEEA;
- Striving to maintain excellent relationships between the CEEA Directors and the Committee;
- Actively promoting the CEEA;
- Reviewing CEEA documents;
- Improving the content of the courses and the teaching tools;
- Improving both the quality assessments of the courses.
The CEEA Committee is a sub-committee of the Education and Training Committee. The CEEA Chair sits as an ex-officio member of the Education and Training Committee.
The candidate must have the following profile:
- Up-to-date active ESAIC membership is required. The candidate must have been ESAIC Active or Affiliate Member active member for at least the last two years on the date of the application deadline;
- Must have experience in organising the full CEEA six-module cycle (minimum 3 years);
- Must have experience with accreditation at regional, national or international level;
- Must have long experience in education in anaesthesiology, intensive care, pain management and/or emergency medicine;
- Must be a consultant (i.e. not in training; retired anaesthetists cannot apply);
- Must be in clinical practice (i.e. not working for research only, a minimum of 5 years);
- Must be in good standing with the profession;
- Must have a good command of English.
How to apply
- the application form here duly filled in;
- a short curriculum vitae written in English language;
- 2 recommendation letters of maximum 1 page written in English language by active CEEA Centre Directors.
Your application file must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 25 June 2023 (23:59 CEST), (please do not send e-mails heavier than 5MB). Complete applications will be reviewed by the CEEA and Nominations Committees and the outcome will be communicated at the earliest. All Members of the CEEA Committee will need to declare their conflict of interest on a yearly basis for the whole duration of their term of office. This declaration may have to be published on the ESAIC website.
Term of office
The new chair of the CEEA Committee will be elected for a term of 3 years. For continuity, the Past Chair will remain a member of the relevant Committee for one year after the end of his/her term as Chairperson. Hence, the new Chair will be elected for a total of 4 years (3 as Chair and one year as Past Chair) and officially beginning on 1 January 2024 (even if the actual appointment takes place in the course of 2024).
Travel, accommodation and other necessary expenses incurred to attend meetings are covered by the ESAIC as per the ESAIC Expense Reimbursement Policy.
Any questions? Please contact email@example.com